Welcome to the Ductile Iron Society
- DIS 2019 Annual Meeting Change:
- Date: June 12-14, 2019
- Place: Plaza Quebec Hotel, 3031 Boul. Laurier, Sainte-Foy (Québec) CAN
- Times: June 12 (DIS Committees), June 13 (Annual Meeting Technical Session 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM), June 14 (Plant Tour of Poitras Foundry in L’Islet Quebec (8:00 AM – Noon). Passports required!
- Meeting Announcement DIS Members and Non-Members: A Ductile Iron Production Seminar is scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, January 22 & 23, 2019 at the Hilton Garden Inn – Chicago O’Hare Airport, 2930 South River Road, Des Plaines, IL 60018. The seminar is organized to instruct operations people on the basics of producing quality Ductile Iron and Compacted Graphite Iron castings. It is recommended as a refresher course for people experienced in ductile and compacted iron production, who may have become a bit rusty and not up-to-date on the latest practices. Subjects involved in the production of quality ductile iron and compacted graphite iron will be covered as shown in the announcement link below.
Participants should arrange for their own hotel accommodations at: Hilton Garden Inn – Chicago O’Hare Airport, 2930 South River Road, Des Plaines, IL 60018
Phone direct to the hotel at 847-296-8900 (and ask for the Ductile Iron Society Group)There are a block of rooms being held for our meeting starting January 21 & 22nd for our meeting on the 22nd and 23rd. Be sure to tell them that you are attending the Ductile Iron Society Seminar. The cutoff date for holding rooms is Wednesday January 9, 2019. The room rate for the DIS is $119.00/night. (this includes breakfast each morning & free parking)
The registration fee for the seminar is $450.00 per person. This includes the instruction and materials, coffee breaks, two lunches, a reception and one dinner. Attendees under age of 35 can attend for the discounted fee of $350.00. Ductile Iron Production Seminar announcement and registration form.
- Prem Mohla FEF Endowment Fund Link
Associate Members and Overseas Members can now pay their dues online at the following links:
- DIS NA Members Locations Interactive Map
- DIS/AFS Position Statement on ASTM E2567-11(Ductile Iron Image Analysis Standard)
The main objective of the Ductile Iron Society is to advance the technology, art, science of ductile iron production and to disseminate all such information to the members. Such an objective is achieved by:
- Research programs aimed at improving production technology, solving long standing production problems, and providing better manufacturing economies.
- Exchange of technical and production knowledge through Society meetings, plant visits, and encouraging private conversations.
- Issuing various reports and bulletins covering research and new technology.
- Quality guidance and Certification of producers.