||Ductile Iron Marketing Group
From Rough Casting to Finished Products
Connecting Casting Users to Producers
Who We Are: The Ductile Iron Marketing Group is a nonprofit organization that disseminates technical information to design and materials engineers and purchasers of castings and mechanical components. We are capable of answering most questions about Ductile Iron and it's uses.
Since 1948, Ductile Iron castings have proven to be an effective, lower cost alternative to malleable iron castings, steel forgings and steel fabrications. It appears Ductile Iron was invented with the designer in mind. High Tensile Strength, yield strength and elongation combine to give Ductile Iron a superior strength to weight ratio that adds up to more strength for less expense.
Please enjoy the Ductile Iron Marketing Group Web Site. Feel free to view the "Ductile Iron Design Engineers Digest", a 48 page summary of Ductile Iron properties, applications and design ideas. Also online is our 2 page "Why Convert to Ductile Iron," "Designs in Ductile Iron" and "Ductile Iron Data," which gives complete property and specifications information. Hard copies are also available (see below).
- Monotonic Tensile, Cyclic and Fatigue Properties of Several SAE Grades of Ductile Iron
- Ductile Iron Design Engineers Digest: 48 page summary of Ductile Iron properties, applications and design ideas. Also available as a downloadable pdf file from the downloads page.
- Why Convert to Ductile Iron: Information which gives you physical properties of Ductile Iron, alternate materials and Austempered Ductile Iron.
- Designs in Ductile Iron: 25 page booklet describing conversions from other materials and processes to Ductile Iron Castings. Available as a downloadable pdf file.
- The above three publications are available at no charge.
- Ductile Iron Data A 200 page reference binder on designing and manufacturing with Ductile Iron. Detailed property information and specifications are included. Pages from this reference may be printed or a hard copy may be ordered.
- Cost of hard copy: $25.00 (Including mailing in the U.S. or Canada)
View Ductile Iron Data on line. Now available as a downloadable pdf file from the downloads page.
- Cast It and Cast It With Ductile Iron A 16 minute NTSC format video that demonstrates to the design engineer and buyer the various techniques of metalcasting and applications of Ductile Iron Casting.
- Cost: US and Canada - $10.00/ Overseas - $15.00 (Including mailing)
For more information about available literature or technical questions, please contact:
Ductile Iron Society
Mr. Jim Wood, Executive Director
Mr. Gene Muratore
all contents copyright 1997 Ductile Iron Marketing Group