Welcome to the Ductile Iron Society
Join Us in Lethbridge, Alberta Canada for the 2014 Annual Meeting.
- Fred Linebarger Obituary
We are sorry to report that our industry lost a good friend, teacher and all around great person with the passing of Fred Linebarger of Miller and Company. Our condolences go out to Fred’s family. Fred served on the DIS Board of Directors as well as the DIS Research Committee. He was also an instructor for the DIS Ductile Iron Production Seminars.
- Member Bremen Castings to host their 75th Year Open House in May
- DIS has formed new MetalCasting Forum Committee. This committee will offer a structured, yet informal venue for DIS members to exchange information related to the foundry and casting technology of Ductile Iron. This committee is scheduled to meet on the Wednesday before our Annual Meeting from 3:00-5:00 PM in the Foothills Room at the Coast Hotel and Conference Centre in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
- DIS 2014 Annual Meeting June 4-6, 2014, Speaker List and Registration form and Agenda Download
- DIS North American Member Locations Interactive Map
- Now Apply for Membership & Pay Dues Online (Offshore & Associate memberships only)
- DIS/AFS Position Statement on ASTM E2567-11(Ductile Iron Image Analysis Standard)
- See our Job Postings tab for full-time positions and summer internships available from DIS members.
- Green Sand Basics CD Available
- Metallurgy Training CD Available
The main objective of the Ductile Iron Society is to advance the technology, art, science of ductile iron production and to disseminate all such information to the members. Such an objective is achieved by: