Welcome to the Ductile Iron Society
Join Us in Lethbridge, Alberta Canada for the 2014 Annual Meeting.
- DIS 2014 Annual Meeting Speaker List and Paper Meeting Registration form and Agenda Download
- AFS Announces 2014 Individual Award Recipients which includes DIS members Gene Muratore (Retired), Chantal Labrecque (Rio Tinto), Patricio Gil (Blackhawk de Mexico) and Richard McMinn (Buck Company)
- DIS North American Member Locations Interactive Map
- Now Apply for Membership & Pay Dues Online (Offshore & Associate memberships only)
- DIS/AFS Position Statement on ASTM E2567-11(Ductile Iron Image Analysis Standard)
- See our Job Postings tab for full-time positions and summer internships available from DIS members.
- Green Sand Basics CD Available
- Metallurgy Training CD Available
The main objective of the Ductile Iron Society is to advance the technology, art, science of ductile iron production and to disseminate all such information to the members. Such an objective is achieved by:
- Research programs aimed at improving production technology, solving long standing production problems, and providing better manufacturing economies.
- Exchange of technical and production knowledge through Society meetings, plant visits, and encouraging private conversations.
- Issuing various reports and bulletins covering research and new technology.
- Quality guidance and Certification of producers.