Job Title: Foundry Manager
Business: TB Wood’s
Location: Chambersburg PA
Reports to: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The purpose of the Foundry Manager is to provide direction and guidance on an ongoing basis to the foundry operations (includes Pattern Shop, Melting, Molding and Cleaning). This role manages the foundry activities and builds respect for our people by putting their ideas to work in a timely manner.
The success of the person in this role is vital to the continuous improvement efforts within the foundry and for TB Wood’s to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify and lead problem solving activity in all areas including Safety, Quality, Production Flow, Tooling and Equipment using a structured 8-step process (A3 process).
• Align the production schedule in accordance with customer demand and schedule resources to meet production needs.
• Actively engage the workforce to ensure a safe working environment exists in the area and that safe work practices are being followed.
• Provide training plans for all team members.
• Use Leader Standard work to include Go and See, process audits, safety compliance and quality checks.
• Coordinate actions and work closely with support groups to resolve or prevent abnormalities in the process.
• Assess equipment and plan for service and repairs. Work with upper management on capital project needs.
• Provide development opportunities and coach supervisors and team leads. Critical Competencies
• Establish Production metrics (KPI’s) and lead the continuous improvement process.
• Manage workflow through the Pattern Shop, Melt, Molding and Cleaning operations.
• Responsible for 3 operating shifts and 75+ people.
• Own product quality and lead the scrap reduction efforts.
• Evaluate employee performance and establish team development plans.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ production management experience required.
• Working experience, understanding and application of lean principles required.
• Experience in a sand cast iron foundry highly preferred.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
Work environment includes regular exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels, dust particles, light radiation, paint or oil products, and weather changes. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn during shift. Primarily in the foundry environment, secondarily performing office work.
Physical demands include standing and walking for long periods of time, navigating elevated walkways and lifting, bending, and kneeling.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this position go to the T.B. Woods website at http://www.tbwoods.com/ or call the following;
Lisa G. Crane
440 N. Fifth Avenue
Chambersburg, PA 17201
Office: (717) 217-3802