Metallurgist – Waupaca – Lawrenceville:
Communicate established and evolving goals and objectives of Management to the workforce. Responsible for all metallurgical issues and processes. Responsible for enforcing safety policies. Responsible for metallurgical quality of all products and metallurgical hold issues.
- Bachelors of Science in Metallurgical Engineering or Material Science.
- Strong presentation/interpersonal communication skills.
- Must acquire an advanced working knowledge of machines and equipment relevant to department.
- Must acquire general knowledge and exposure to all production operations and administration of the company.
- Must possess and demonstrate leadership ability to include conflict resolution, teamwork, policy adherence, legal aspects, promotion of company philosophy, respect for workforce, positive attitude, dependable, fair and ethical treatment of employees.
- Needs to be able to conduct team meetings and give presentations.
- Must acquire knowledge of safety policies and procedures for the company.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Mobility – willing to be plant, department and shift mobile for short term assignments.
- Develop a working knowledge of the ISO/TS standards.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Heidi Basham| Asst. Manager – Human Resources
Waupaca Foundry, Inc
A Hitachi Metals Group Company
18986 Route 287 | Tioga, PA 16929
T: 570.827.3245 ext. 431 | M: 607.377.7278
Maintenance Manager – AAM Biscoe:
Manages the plant maintenance staff, programs and processes, under direction of the Plant Manager, in order to ensure safe, timely and efficient operation of all plant machinery and equipment. Ensures that periodic and preventive maintenance are appropriately scheduled and accomplished, and that emergency troubleshooting and maintenance support are readily available as needed. Oversees maintenance goal setting, activity scheduling, work performance and performance management to ensure measurable goals, proper workload distribution, goal satisfaction and effective staff performance management. Monitors and continually improves maintenance processes and maintenance personnel performance to achieve enhanced levels of efficiency.
- Manages maintenance supervisor outcomes by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates. Communicates job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job contributions, and recommends compensation actions, adhering to policies and procedures.
- Leads maintenance operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, customer-service, safety, security, and health standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Evaluates systems and equipment performance by conferring with operating departments; identifying problems and requirements.
- Keeps systems and equipment operating by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment.
- Ensures repairs on systems and equipment by managing the restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Improves systems and equipment performance by studying performance results; identifying, recommending, and implementing changes, expansions, and additions.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and to legal regulations; immediately addressing issues and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Prepares maintenance information and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Contributes to maintenance and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree required in related field
- 5 years of experience in maintenance superintendent/management level.
- Experience in foundry environment preferred.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively in a stressful environment
To apply for the above position go to the following link: